Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help
worstje
Neuling

Outdoor cycling: bug in avg. power calculation

Dear laufhannes and mipapo,

I have two outdoor workouts (dated 22/10/21 and 24/02/21) imported from Garmin (via Runalyze) and recorded by the same powermeter that I have been using indoors. However, the avg. power calculated by Runalyze is wrong (too high) and does also not agree with the avg. power provided in the lap overview or manual analysis by means of the slider in the activity view power plot. All other rides, imported from Garmin or manually from Rouvy are in agreement with the lap data.

Please let me know how I can provide you with these data for further analysis without posting my private workouts in the forum.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
worstje
laufhannes
Core developer

Re: Outdoor cycling: bug in avg. power calculation

Presumably the activities contain several (possibly also very many, short) sections where the power is 0 W. This is probably not visible in the diagram (depending on the configured accuracy). However, the calculations for the average value may differ.

The calculations for the individual rounds and the selection in the diagram do not "ignore" the sections with 0 W. The average value displayed for the activity as a whole, however, does.
User help -- short questions via Twitter, Facebook

Return to “Bugs”