Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help
BullHorn
Neuling

Garmin Syncs everything?

Thu 5. Mar 2020, 12:58

I just realized that my new Garmin sportswatch syncs EVERY activity to Runalyze, including yoga, strength training, random walks and everything else. Is there a way to choose what gets synchronized? For example my Yoga practice was uploaded and considered by Runalyze as a 0km Running session...
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Garmin Syncs everything?

Thu 5. Mar 2020, 15:01

Yes, Garmin syncs everything (except third party activities like from Zwift) and no it is not possible to choose whats get synchronized.

Please check -> Configuration -> General Settings -> Import "Synchronisation Fallback Sport". Set it to others or whatever you want so that Running is not the fallback sport.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
- Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

BullHorn
Neuling

Thu 5. Mar 2020, 15:50

Thanks, that worked.

Is it possible to create a sport in Runalyze under the same name in Garmin to make it automatically go into the correct category?..
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 5. Mar 2020, 20:26

No, but there are some internal sport types in Runalyze. If they have been added as a sport they should map automatically. (Configuration -> Sport types).

This automapping of different sports is a topic that we will work on again in the future. In the beginning we wanted to give the users a lot of flexibility. We (Hannes and I) have already discussed internally how we can improve it, but we don't have a final plan yet.

So there will be some manual work for you here and there when you record many different sports.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
- Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

Return to “Discussion, Feedback & Questions”