Forum rules
We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
Welsh
Neuling

[Garmin import] Keep seance title

Fri 14. Feb 2020, 14:39

Hi

I discovered Runalyze few months ago. I used SportTracks with pleasure before.

When synchronizing datas with Garmin center, it would be great to syncrhonise also the title of the seance.
In Garmin, if the seance is not planned as a trainig, the title will be something like "<place where it was> footing"
But if you plan in Garmin the title will be the trainig title. It would be great to keep it.

Question : after synchronizing, if data are changed in Garmin center (that is title for instance), do the data in Runalyze reflect it ?

Thanks
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: [Garmin import] Keep seance title

Fri 14. Feb 2020, 15:51

No we don't sync any changes after initial sync from Garmin. (And we will never do so)

We don't get the title from Garmin. In the moment we automatically insert the place of the activity in the "route" field. Having an option to define the title with the Starting place would be good. So "Place + Sport type"
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

Welsh
Neuling

Fri 14. Feb 2020, 16:21

I understand for the changes after sync. Even if sometimes, once you uploaded your data, you make some changes. As the sync is quite in real time, the changes are never taken. It would be great that Garmin made a choice on an activty "Ready to sync with app" :-)

For the second point, I'd rather say : getting title (from Garmin or others), if no put the default as "Place - Sport"

Just a question : you don't get the title because it's not possible or because you miss it ? :-)

Thanks
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Fri 14. Feb 2020, 17:11

> Just a question : you don't get the title because it's not possible or because you miss it ? :-)

We only read the fit file and that's the original file from your device. It would be possible to get the activity title from Garmin, but that would need an additional call (although I'm not sure if it contains it). I would not prefer this solution as this would slow down the overall import process. So doing this on our side is technical better as this would be valid for all activtivies from all different sources
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

Welsh
Neuling

Fri 14. Feb 2020, 21:45

That's a good option for development.
0 x

Return to “Ideas”