Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information: https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
stimmerm
Neuling

Garmin history import tool

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 10:50

Hi guys, first-of-all, congrats with your wonderful tool !

Some days ago I created my account and used the 'Garmin history import tool' to import at first my 2019-data. As the result of that looked fine I requested an next import 01/01/2000-31/12/2018, but that seems to have stopped at 26/04/16, so no import of activities older than 26/04/16. I did a manual Garmin-export of my activity of 24/04//16 in .fit, and the manual upload of that .fit in Runanalyze worked fine as well. But those Garmin .fit-exports can only be done activity per activity. I hope I can still import my data < 26/04/16 with the Runanalyze 'Garmin history import tool'; when do I request I get Runanalyze-error 500.

Thanks for your time and feedback.

Best regards,
Sammy, marathon runner, Belgium.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Garmin history import tool

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 13:24

"But those Garmin .fit-exports can only be done activity per activity"
You can request a data backup by Garmin (https://www.garmin.com/en-US/account/da ... xportdata/) where all fit files are in that backup.

I will check why you get a 500er error at the history import tool. Once you've requested a time range via the history import tool this time range will be blocked for your account to prevent abuse.
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

stimmerm
Neuling

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 13:36

Thanks for your quick feedback.
"But those Garmin .fit-exports can only be done activity per activity" <> "import hundreds of activities". Yes I know I can IMPORT "hundreds of" in Runanalyze, but I don't think I can EXPORT hundreds at a time from Garmin Connect , into .fit-format....only in .csv-format.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 13:46

I've updated my last post just before your new post ;) : You can request a data backup by Garmin (https://www.garmin.com/en-US/account/da ... xportdata/ where all fit files are in that backup.
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###

Run Happy!,
Michael

stimmerm
Neuling

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 14:12

Ah OK, sorry, I see :-). Thx. Shall I already request the back-up from Garmin and as soon as I have it, try to do a manual bulk upload into Runanalyze? Or shall I wait your check of my Error 500 and re-try the 'import history tool'?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 2. Jan 2020, 17:02

I fixed the 500er error and tried to get the history data into your account but it seems that we don't get that data. As asking garmin to check this is a time consuming task I recommend to go with the Garmin data backup.
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###

Run Happy!,
Michael

stimmerm
Neuling

Sat 4. Jan 2020, 10:26

Dear Runalyze-team,

thanks a lot for your support. This way of "Garmin-backup" > "Runalyze manual bulk upload" has worked fine. All my data are there right now. Just one minor issue, my Firenze marathon 25/11/18 was not in Garmin, only in Strava, if did a manual upload of the Strava .TCX-file, worked fine, I could change some data of it (Sport, Tags,...), but I cannot change the "Type" into "Race", then the tool gives a 503-error. No problem, I can create a marathon view through the "Tag = marathon'.

Best regards,
Sammy
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Sat 4. Jan 2020, 13:46

Hi Sammy,
thanks for the report. Interesting thing about this issue is, that we don't had anything in our logs.
The problem is related to your title. Due to this, no competition result could be created. I removed the title temporary, checked the "Race" box, saved, and added the title again. I've created a ticket on our side to check the problem
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###

Run Happy!,
Michael

ahackschmitz
Neuling

Mon 6. Jan 2020, 11:25

Hey Michael,

as I came across the same problem earlier, I just checked: When the title of an activity is longer than 50 characters, I get a 503 when checking "Race". This is reproducible when editing race results and appending the name to more than 50 characters.

Hope this helps solving the latest ticket :)

Greetings
Armin
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Mon 6. Jan 2020, 14:03

That's correct ;) Will be fixed within the next days (busy -> birthday)
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###

Run Happy!,
Michael

Return to “Importer / File problems”