Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information: https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
matsalo
Runalyzer

Error in vertical oscillation when importing wahoo activity

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 08:12

Hi,

Wahoo has finally updated their android fitness app to also export running analytics data, but when importing to runalize the vertical oscillation is 1/10 of the actual values. I have a stunning running avg. 0.9cm vertical oscillation and 0.7% vertical ratio, smoother than a train...

I have checked the wahoo app, and the average should be 8cm, so it seams it's a scaling factor of 1/10 error. Is this a known common error?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Error in vertical oscillation when importing wahoo activity

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 08:13

Most frequently said sentence from us: Please always attach a file if you think there is a problem.
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 11:44

Sent an e-email to support@... with the file.

Thanks for your swift reply :)
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 17:47

Hi again,

Did you receive the file I sent by email? Not to stress the subject, just checking if something went wrong.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 18:15

matsalo wrote:
Thu 26. Jul 2018, 17:47
Hi again,

Did you receive the file I sent by email? Not to stress the subject, just checking if something went wrong.
Yes, but absolutely no time for that kind of issue currently. Sorry!
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 22:34

Thats ok and understandable.

Just one question; if this issue can be solved in the future, do I most likely need to re-import actual sessions if I want them corrected?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 23:01

matsalo wrote:
Thu 26. Jul 2018, 22:34
Thats ok and understandable.

Just one question; if this issue can be solved in the future, do I most likely need to re-import actual sessions if I want them corrected?
Yes, I think so. As we cannot identify which activities would have this problem. I still think wahoo does something wrong.
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Wed 8. Aug 2018, 15:19

matsalo, did you report this issue to Wahoo? Looks like they didn't read the fit specifications carefully enough. For vertical_oscillation, there's mm as unit and a scale of 10, meaning a value of 95 is transformed into 9.5 mm. I can try to add a filter that scales all values up by a factor of 10 if the average vertical oscillation is e.g. below 2 cm, but the issue is definitely on Wahoo's side.
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Wed 8. Aug 2018, 16:16

Thanks for your reply. I asked wahoo earlier, and was told the export was in millimeters and should be fine.

I will try to rise the question again, and refer to the scale factor you mention in the fit file format. Hopefully wahoo can solved it.

A filter is a possible solution, but might best to solve the actual problem rather than a workaround?

Will let you know when wahoo answer.
0 x

Return to “Importer / File problems”