Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information: https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
matsalo
Runalyzer

Error in vertical oscillation when importing wahoo activity

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 08:12

Hi,

Wahoo has finally updated their android fitness app to also export running analytics data, but when importing to runalize the vertical oscillation is 1/10 of the actual values. I have a stunning running avg. 0.9cm vertical oscillation and 0.7% vertical ratio, smoother than a train...

I have checked the wahoo app, and the average should be 8cm, so it seams it's a scaling factor of 1/10 error. Is this a known common error?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Error in vertical oscillation when importing wahoo activity

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 08:13

Most frequently said sentence from us: Please always attach a file if you think there is a problem.
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Wed 11. Jul 2018, 11:44

Sent an e-email to support@... with the file.

Thanks for your swift reply :)
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 17:47

Hi again,

Did you receive the file I sent by email? Not to stress the subject, just checking if something went wrong.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 18:15

matsalo wrote:
Thu 26. Jul 2018, 17:47
Hi again,

Did you receive the file I sent by email? Not to stress the subject, just checking if something went wrong.
Yes, but absolutely no time for that kind of issue currently. Sorry!
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 22:34

Thats ok and understandable.

Just one question; if this issue can be solved in the future, do I most likely need to re-import actual sessions if I want them corrected?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 26. Jul 2018, 23:01

matsalo wrote:
Thu 26. Jul 2018, 22:34
Thats ok and understandable.

Just one question; if this issue can be solved in the future, do I most likely need to re-import actual sessions if I want them corrected?
Yes, I think so. As we cannot identify which activities would have this problem. I still think wahoo does something wrong.
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Wed 8. Aug 2018, 15:19

matsalo, did you report this issue to Wahoo? Looks like they didn't read the fit specifications carefully enough. For vertical_oscillation, there's mm as unit and a scale of 10, meaning a value of 95 is transformed into 9.5 mm. I can try to add a filter that scales all values up by a factor of 10 if the average vertical oscillation is e.g. below 2 cm, but the issue is definitely on Wahoo's side.
0 x

matsalo
Runalyzer

Wed 8. Aug 2018, 16:16

Thanks for your reply. I asked wahoo earlier, and was told the export was in millimeters and should be fine.

I will try to rise the question again, and refer to the scale factor you mention in the fit file format. Hopefully wahoo can solved it.

A filter is a possible solution, but might best to solve the actual problem rather than a workaround?

Will let you know when wahoo answer.
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Wed 5. Sep 2018, 13:38

We've fixed this one now, but as the filter happens in a post-processing step, there's no chance to get the original precision back.
So, this fix does not make things good - only slightly better. For your provided example file, the new filter results in vertical oscillation values of only 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 or 11.0 cm.

But, currently, that's all we can do.
0 x

Return to “Importer / File problems”