Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
MrJeJo
Neuling

No VO2Max value

Fri 6. Jul 2018, 09:42

Hi,
I registered myself at Runalyze recently, requested a dataset export at Garmin and all my activities are imported in my profile now. One thing I noticed is that my VO2Max value is 0. There's a message:
"There are no current activities with an estimated VO2max value."
"VO2max can only be estimated for runs with heart rate data."

This is strange because all my activities (450+) have heart rate data. What could be the problem here? Does it need more time to calculate? Do I need to enable some setting? Or has the import failed in some way?

Regards,
MrJeJo
0 x

MrJeJo
Neuling

Re: No VO2Max value

Fri 6. Jul 2018, 09:46

Same problem for the prognosis panel:
"Prognoses can't be calculated."
"There are not enough results for good predictions."
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Fri 6. Jul 2018, 10:25

I just triggered 'Database cleanup -> Recalculate VO2max shape' for you. Don't know why this did not happen automatically for you, but now you have a VO2max value.

MrJeJo wrote:"There are not enough results for good predictions."
That message will stay until you have a race result for one of the selected distances (currently 1000m, 3000m, 5k, 10k, 21.1k, 42.2k - the distance must match exactly). Such a result is required to calculate your correction factor. Having a well calibrated correction factor is essential for getting reliable race prognoses.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Tue 24. Jul 2018, 15:50

MrJeJo wrote:
Fri 6. Jul 2018, 09:42

This is strange because all my activities (450+) have heart rate data. What could be the problem here? Does it need more time to calculate? Do I need to enable some setting? Or has the import failed in some way?

Regards,
MrJeJo
The problem sould be fixed now
0 x

ngtfr
Neuling

Thu 16. Aug 2018, 02:49

Hi,

I actually have the same problem, i have quite a lot of activities but do not have any VO2Max shown.

Could you help fix that for me too?

Thanks,

Benjamin
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Fri 17. Aug 2018, 13:36

ngtfr wrote:
Thu 16. Aug 2018, 02:49
Hi,

I actually have the same problem, i have quite a lot of activities but do not have any VO2Max shown.

Could you help fix that for me too?

Thanks,

Benjamin
Several problems:
1. All your "max hr" seems to be wrong. Please correct them. You don't have different maxium hrs every day. Maximum HR is maybe changing every year with -/1 or something.
General rule:
"The basic way to calculate your maximum heart rate is to subtract your age from 220. For example, if you're 45 years old, subtract 45 from 220 to get a maximum heart rate of 175. This is the maximum number of times your heart should beat per minute during exercise."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20046887

I have adjusted all your Maximum Hr values to 187. You may need to change this to your real maximum HR.
Afterwards you will need to use the Database Cleanup Tool (Tools>More>Database Cleanup> Loop through activities>Recalculate effective VO2max values)

2. There are only Vo2MAX calculations for Running. There are only eight activities in your account for Running.
0 x

Return to “Bugs”