Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help

mpruchni
Neuling

Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 15:58

About 7-10 days ago, just from nothing, one day VO2max showed by Runalyze for my account dropped by about 10-15 , and prognosis for starts, which was good before, changed of time about 13 min more for HM. I didn't change anything in account settings and I have impression that this wrong switch has happend only for my accoount, not for all accounts on Runalyze. Anybody had such a situation?
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 17:03

0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

mpruchni
Neuling

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 20:32

Yes, I certainly saw this post- it's just below mine :) But there are two differences. First - my correction factor is 0,8398, what seems good (can I set it manually?), Second difference - more important I think - that switch in VO2max calculated from trainings applied to ALL my history. That means all VO2max results in my history dropped by 10-15 (and of course all prognosis too).
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 20:47

mpruchni wrote: First - my correction factor is 0,8398, what seems good (can I set it manually?)

You can set it manually in General settings -> VO2max estimation -> Manual correction factor. And if your prognosis doesn't match your 'real' shape anymore, the correction factor is obviously not good ;)
mpruchni wrote: , Second difference - more important I think - that switch in VO2max calculated from trainings applied to ALL my history. That means all VO2max results in my history dropped by 10-15 (and of course all prognosis too).

By default, the correction factor is automatically calculated by your race results. So if you added/changed/deleted a race result, your correction factor may have changed and caused that difference. The correction factor is always applied for an athlete's complete history. It's not time-dependent, so it's absolutely normal that your complete history dropped by a certain percentage.

The 'goal' should be to find a good correction factor and set that manually to somehow 'fix' it. (And we have on our todo list to send a notification every time the (automatic) correction factor changes, such that the athlete does know what happened.)
0 x
User help -- short questions via Twitter, Facebook

uddone
Neuling

Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:51

Mine changed also after working for quite a long time. I tried removing races that I thought might cause an issue but removing them had no impact at all. Marathon race prediction has been consistently in the 3:10-3:20 range and is now at 4:17.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 11. Jun 2020, 09:05

uddone wrote:
Mine changed also after working for quite a long time. I tried removing races that I thought might cause an issue but removing them had no impact at all. Marathon race prediction has been consistently in the 3:10-3:20 range and is now at 4:17.
The correction factor is totally wrong in your account
Checkout https://blog.runalyze.com/features/new- ... ce-status/ and set the correction factor based on the last race or adjust it like it should be.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

uddone
Neuling

Wed 17. Jun 2020, 16:11

mipapo wrote:
Thu 11. Jun 2020, 09:05
uddone wrote:
The correction factor is totally wrong in your account
Checkout https://blog.runalyze.com/features/new- ... ce-status/ and set the correction factor based on the last race or adjust it like it should be.
I'll look at it but why do I have to mess with it at all when it was working just fine? Autopilot was doing well. My point was that without any manual intervention it was doing a really spot on job of analyzing, then it changed and now I have to make manual adjustments. I really liked the hands off, non -manipulation objective analysis aspect of it that's all.
Thank you
0 x

Return to “RUNALYZE.com”