Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help

Image
mpruchni
Neuling
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun 15. Apr 2018, 15:41

Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 15:58

About 7-10 days ago, just from nothing, one day VO2max showed by Runalyze for my account dropped by about 10-15 , and prognosis for starts, which was good before, changed of time about 13 min more for HM. I didn't change anything in account settings and I have impression that this wrong switch has happend only for my accoount, not for all accounts on Runalyze. Anybody had such a situation?
0 x

User avatar
mipapo
Administrator
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon 29. Jul 2013, 20:26
Location: Kiel
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 17:03

0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)
Image

mpruchni
Neuling
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun 15. Apr 2018, 15:41

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 20:32

Yes, I certainly saw this post- it's just below mine :) But there are two differences. First - my correction factor is 0,8398, what seems good (can I set it manually?), Second difference - more important I think - that switch in VO2max calculated from trainings applied to ALL my history. That means all VO2max results in my history dropped by 10-15 (and of course all prognosis too).
0 x

User avatar
laufhannes
Core developer
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon 29. Jul 2013, 20:59

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Sun 15. Apr 2018, 20:47

mpruchni wrote: First - my correction factor is 0,8398, what seems good (can I set it manually?)

You can set it manually in General settings -> VO2max estimation -> Manual correction factor. And if your prognosis doesn't match your 'real' shape anymore, the correction factor is obviously not good ;)
mpruchni wrote: , Second difference - more important I think - that switch in VO2max calculated from trainings applied to ALL my history. That means all VO2max results in my history dropped by 10-15 (and of course all prognosis too).

By default, the correction factor is automatically calculated by your race results. So if you added/changed/deleted a race result, your correction factor may have changed and caused that difference. The correction factor is always applied for an athlete's complete history. It's not time-dependent, so it's absolutely normal that your complete history dropped by a certain percentage.

The 'goal' should be to find a good correction factor and set that manually to somehow 'fix' it. (And we have on our todo list to send a notification every time the (automatic) correction factor changes, such that the athlete does know what happened.)
0 x
User help -- short questions via Twitter, Facebook

uddone
Neuling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:37

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:51

Mine changed also after working for quite a long time. I tried removing races that I thought might cause an issue but removing them had no impact at all. Marathon race prediction has been consistently in the 3:10-3:20 range and is now at 4:17.
0 x

User avatar
mipapo
Administrator
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon 29. Jul 2013, 20:26
Location: Kiel
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Thu 11. Jun 2020, 09:05

uddone wrote:
Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:51
Mine changed also after working for quite a long time. I tried removing races that I thought might cause an issue but removing them had no impact at all. Marathon race prediction has been consistently in the 3:10-3:20 range and is now at 4:17.
The correction factor is totally wrong in your account
Checkout https://blog.runalyze.com/features/new- ... ce-status/ and set the correction factor based on the last race or adjust it like it should be.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)
Image

uddone
Neuling
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:37

Re: Sudden switch in VO2max and prognosis for account

Wed 17. Jun 2020, 16:11

mipapo wrote:
Thu 11. Jun 2020, 09:05
uddone wrote:
Thu 11. Jun 2020, 02:51
Mine changed also after working for quite a long time. I tried removing races that I thought might cause an issue but removing them had no impact at all. Marathon race prediction has been consistently in the 3:10-3:20 range and is now at 4:17.
The correction factor is totally wrong in your account
Checkout https://blog.runalyze.com/features/new- ... ce-status/ and set the correction factor based on the last race or adjust it like it should be.
I'll look at it but why do I have to mess with it at all when it was working just fine? Autopilot was doing well. My point was that without any manual intervention it was doing a really spot on job of analyzing, then it changed and now I have to make manual adjustments. I really liked the hands off, non -manipulation objective analysis aspect of it that's all.
Thank you
0 x

Return to “RUNALYZE.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests