Forum rules
We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
matsalo
Runalyzer

Trend analysis for HRmax?

Sun 6. Jan 2019, 09:01

Hi,

Can it be relevant to also evaluate HRmax in trend analysis, in addition to average HR?

Are data for active and passive rounds calculated on the fly with the tool analyse splits, or can values only for active rounds in the selection of workouts be evaluated?
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Re: Trend analysis for HRmax?

Sun 6. Jan 2019, 12:12

matsalo wrote:
Can it be relevant to also evaluate HRmax in trend analysis, in addition to average HR?

I don't think that offers great advantages, but it doesn't cost us much to implement it.
matsalo wrote:
Are data for active and passive rounds calculated on the fly with the tool analyse splits, or can values only for active rounds in the selection of workouts be evaluated?

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. Distances and times for all rounds are in the database, other values are calculated on the fly. But even distances and times are currently not in a proper format to directly evaluate,
0 x
User help -- short questions via Twitter, Facebook

matsalo
Runalyzer

Re: Trend analysis for HRmax?

Sun 6. Jan 2019, 19:11

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding max HR, my idea is that the max HR e.g. for a tempo run on a known route with target pace tells me something about my daily shape compared to similar runs. I might be wrong, but I feel this values is one of the quickest indicator when comparing similar runs and my own opinion of my daily shape, and might a bit more responsive than comparing e.g. VO2MAX values. Also if I e.g. has max intensity activity I think the max HR value tells me how successful and and close to max I actual was.

Regarding active and passive part; if I have both warmup, active part and cooldown in one activity file the average values aren't that useful. If trend analysis only evaluated the active parts (and ignored passive/resting parts) it would be more precisely. The alternative is to record different parts as individual workouts, but that's to much hazzel that it's worth it. So the question was if it's possible to e.g. have a ticker box to only evaluate active parts/rounds in trend analysis. But if the necessary data is calculated on the fly and not stored, it's might not that easy to implement?
0 x

Return to “Ideas”