Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information.
sdantas
Neuling

Big bulky imported but with some issues

Tue 5. May 2020, 21:17

Hi,

I am a new user and just imported all my previous activities to Runalyze. The process was quite easy and straight forward and following the instructions I created a few (25!) zipped files with almost all (24 of them) with 1,000 fit files inside.

I believe most of all were imported fine but there is a discrepancy on my lifetime total distance and while marking my races I've noticed a few of them missing. I've tried then to upload just the fit files for the missing races and received a message that the activity was already in the system.

Considering it's been about 2 days since I uploaded the initial files, is it correct to assume that they are still being processed or it may be something else?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Sergio
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Big bulky imported but with some issues

Tue 5. May 2020, 21:55

> Considering it's been about 2 days since I uploaded the initial files, is it correct to assume that they are still being processed or it may be something else?
No - everthing should always be processed within 30 minutes.

What could be: Manufacturers make mistakes and produce wrong files - or files that make no sense in terms of content and are not processed by us.

It could be that the distance deviates minimally, but not extremely - So how much does it differ?

By the way, you would not have had to make ZIP files and upload them to us. The uploader unpacks the ZIP files in your browser and we only receive the individual files on our site.

Maybe just try to upload all files again.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

sdantas
Neuling

Tue 5. May 2020, 22:10

mipapo wrote:
> Considering it's been about 2 days since I uploaded the initial files, is it correct to assume that they are still being processed or it may be something else?
No - everthing should always be processed within 30 minutes.
Thought so...
mipapo wrote:
What could be: Manufacturers make mistakes and produce wrong files - or files that make no sense in terms of content and are not processed by us.
Well I've followed the site instructions for Garmin. I have all the bulk for Strava and Smashrun but I am afraid of uploading and causing duplicity!
mipapo wrote:
It could be that the distance deviates minimally, but not extremely - So how much does it differ?
Garmin has 7,742.76 km
Runalyze has 6,271.27 km

So it is a big distance (hence why I've mentioned
mipapo wrote:
By the way, you would not have had to make ZIP files and upload them to us. The uploader unpacks the ZIP files in your browser and we only receive the individual files on our site.

Maybe just try to upload all files again.
Garmin had everything in 2 zip files. I've uploaded them but after a while I've noticed a few missing ones, then after reading the Q&A I've created the zip files and uploaded them following the 1,000 activities limit.

After doing this I've tried to upload the individual files for some activities but received the message that they were duplicated. I've tried also uploaded the zip file with it but didn't help.

Also worthy noting that some activities (strengthening workouts for example) during the period the runs are not showing were uploaded. Had no clue on what happened to the runs...

if I try to upload from Strava (even though Garmin fit files have more information) will cause duplicity or the system will identify that its a duplicate?

Thanks again!
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Tue 5. May 2020, 22:54

I don't think strava provides fit files. I would say: Don't do it.

I would give the two Garmin Zips files another try. I think you've tried the Garmin history import before? (The tool which is integrated at Runalyze?)

If you could provide an example file which is missing you could send it to support@runalyze.com. You have a lot of very short runs so there could be a problem.
0 x

Run Happy!,
Michael

sdantas
Neuling

Tue 5. May 2020, 23:51

Strava provides TCX files but I will not even try!

Garmin history import? Not sure... I just went to Activity Upload... I also have Runalyze connected to my Garmin Connect so no problems with any of the new activities.

I know that between the missing ones there are 3 x 10k races and a Half-Marathon. That's between the races only I was looking at, for sure there are lots of training sessions missing. I usually don't do very short runs (and funny enough a few warm-up pre-race runs, under 1km, were uploaded but not the race).

Just noticed that it's showing short of 100km for this year and for sure I did way above that as I was running an average of at least 40km a week!

I will forward some of the files... and will also download from Garmin again...
0 x

sdantas
Neuling

Wed 6. May 2020, 02:23

Okay, just found "Garmin history import" and I am trying it now. Fingers crossed for no duplicates! I will post the outcome later..
0 x

sdantas
Neuling

Wed 6. May 2020, 03:42

After using the Garmin History importer almost all activities were sync'ed. The difference is between Garmin and Runalyze sites now is less than 10km and the only noticeable activity missing is a race (Garmin activity #3332887473, sent via email to the email you provided) on 26/Jan/2019. If this one is sorted the overall distance difference will be 1.34km and I can live with that.

Question.... do you think it is worthy trying to delete all data and then trying to re-sync everything again??
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Wed 6. May 2020, 08:25

sdantas wrote:
Wed 6. May 2020, 03:42
After using the Garmin History importer almost all activities were sync'ed. The difference is between Garmin and Runalyze sites now is less than 10km and the only noticeable activity missing is a race (Garmin activity #3332887473, sent via email to the email you provided) on 26/Jan/2019. If this one is sorted the overall distance difference will be 1.34km and I can live with that.

Question.... do you think it is worthy trying to delete all data and then trying to re-sync everything again??
No, why would you? When you have everything you need now, it's perfect.
0 x

Run Happy!,
Michael

Return to “Importer / File problems”