Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information: https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
cr2000
Neuling

Polar Tool Import

Wed 22. Aug 2018, 08:46

Hallo zusammen,
ich habe mich gestern bei Runalyze angemeldet und über das angebotene Polar Import Tool versucht alle meine Aktivitäten aus Polar FLow zu importieren.

Bis heute sind nur die Aktivitäten bis Anfang 2016 importiert und auch die syncronisierung der Aktivitäten funktioniert bei mir im Moment nicht.
Meine Radtour von heute Morgen ist noch nicht übernommen worden.

Mache ich vielleicht etwas falsch bzw. wie lange dauert der Import?
Laut Benachrichtigung wurden bereits alle Aktivitäten von Flow geladen und er war am importieren.

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe.

Gruß
Christian
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Polar Tool Import

Wed 22. Aug 2018, 17:06

Wir übernehmen keine Garantie, dass das Full Import Tool von Polar perfekt funktioniert. Das können wir nicht garantieren, da wir keine offizielle Schnittstelle dabei nutzen.
Die Meldung besagt nur, dass wir alle Aktivitäten von Polar heruntergeladen haben, der Import startet erst danach. Ggf einfach nochmal versuchen

Zum automatischen Sync: Hast du Polar verbunden bevor die Aktivität im Polar Flow Account war? Ggf wird also erst die nächste Aktivität automatisch drin landen.
0 x
###Donate to RUNALYZE###
Höhenmeter (Korrektur & Berechnung) - Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

alone
Neuling

Mon 27. Aug 2018, 23:18

I just would like to highlight the wrong (better: not well done) import from Polar.
Usually a workout is composed by several activities: in Polar Flow they call them "phases", in Runalyze (and everywhere) they call them "laps". In the sync/upload of a workout from Polar flow to Runalyze the phases are totally disregarded and laps are arbitrarily set to every kilometer. As a result a very important part of the workout is destroyed. Disappointing and that makes nearly pointless a nice service offered by Runalyze

NB just to be clear: I'M NOT BLAMING RUNALYZE
PS I hope I haven't replicated the post before mine as I don't understand it because of the language. Sorry
0 x

laufhannes
Core developer

Tue 28. Aug 2018, 10:05

alone wrote:
Mon 27. Aug 2018, 23:18
Usually a workout is composed by several activities: in Polar Flow they call them "phases", in Runalyze (and everywhere) they call them "laps". In the sync/upload of a workout from Polar flow to Runalyze the phases are totally disregarded and laps are arbitrarily set to every kilometer. As a result a very important part of the workout is destroyed.

Are you talking about the full import toll (which is triggered once and tries to sync the complete history) or about the automatic sync tool (which syncs single activities directly after they are uploaded to Polar Flow)? Can you attach an example file that should contain those phases? I'm not sure about this, but I guess Polar simply doesn't export phases correctly.
0 x
User help -- short questions via Twitter, Facebook

alone
Neuling

Wed 29. Aug 2018, 19:07

I'm talking about the tool that syncs an activity after it is loaded to Polar flow.

I made for you an example with the tcx file extracted from polar. After having seen the tcx file I suppose to know where the problem is and who the culprit is but I leave the last word to you.

In attached you find:
- the workout how is stored on Polar Flow
- the workout how is sync'd on runalyze
- the tcx file how is manually exported from Polar Flow

The attachment polar.jpg is no longer available
The attachment runalyze.jpg is no longer available
runalyze.jpg
runalyze.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
0 x

alone
Neuling

Wed 29. Aug 2018, 19:09

may be the tcx file was not loaded
Attachments
2018-08-27T06-04-22.266Z_Running.tcx
(746.51 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
0 x

zisper
Neuling

Thu 20. Sep 2018, 12:42

Polar's implementation of phases and laps seems to be different to every other company unfortunately. It's a good system, and lets you split phases in a planned workout away from manual laps, but I've found it only works in flow. If you want to export phases as laps to a third party site, the only way I've found to do it is to create a manual lap at each phase change whilst doing an activity. Not ideal. To my mind, the best solution would be for Polar to allow the option of exporting activities with phases marked as "laps", which is how most people tend to use them.
0 x

alone
Neuling

Fri 28. Sep 2018, 20:11

zisper, I totally agree with your analysis and your conclusions. Unfortunately something that should be trivial to understand (Polar should follow the standards) seems to me that it's used as a retention tool (if you store your workouts in Flow becomes difficult to migrate somewhere else). Nevertheless if someone could point me to the right direction to make a request to Polar I'll give it a try
0 x

Return to “Importer / File problems”