Forum rules
Please always provide the activity file and other needed information: https://help.runalyze.com/latest/support.html

We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
W73
Neuling

Epix & Stryd use case

Tue 3. Apr 2018, 14:06

Hello,

How can i merge 2 fit files and display it in runalyze ?
I have Garmin fit file and i have stryd fit file from powercenter.

I was able to merge them in GoldenCheetah. I see Garmin metrics + HRV and Stryd metrics like power, oscilation in one activity
But when i upload exported fit file into runalyze i loose HRV and all stryd metrics except Power.

How can i debug this problem ?

OR

Is it possible to set one activity to not count into statistics ?
So i would be able to have all metrics in 2 activities but i want just one distance to be counted in.

Thank you for kick in right direction
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Epix & Stryd use case

Tue 3. Apr 2018, 14:30

W73 wrote:
Hello,

How can i merge 2 fit files and display it in runalyze ?
I have Garmin fit file and i have stryd fit file from powercenter.

I was able to merge them in GoldenCheetah. I see Garmin metrics + HRV and Stryd metrics like power, oscilation in one activity
But when i upload exported fit file into runalyze i loose HRV and all stryd metrics except Power.

How can i debug this problem ?
You cannot merge two files in RUNALYZE. You could checkout https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/top - But I don't think it can merge two metrics.

But general questions: Why do you have two files? Garmin should be able to have track all metrics (with connected stryd pod) and save them in one file.
W73 wrote:
Is it possible to set one activity to not count into statistics ?
So i would be able to have all metrics in 2 activities but i want just one distance to be counted in.
No, It's not possible.
0 x

W73
Neuling

Tue 3. Apr 2018, 14:49

Epix does not contain advanced stryd's metrics as it is not supported by ConnectIQ. Garmin abandoned those watches with CIQ 1.2.
It can use stryd's distance and pace only.

So second fit file is with power, oscillation, leg stiffeness etc from Android Phone. (And this app sucks... It just collect info. They promised release something close to IPhone app later this year. )

fittools does not merge file just join. I tried it.

That is reason i use GoldenCheetah for combine 2 fit files. But i do not know, how it export and what should be visible for runalyze.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Tue 3. Apr 2018, 15:01

Sorry, then I don't have an idea how you could solve this problem :/
0 x

W73
Neuling

Tue 3. Apr 2018, 15:15

It is ok, because I know it is specific use case.
0 x

Return to “Importer / File problems”