Forum rules
We spend our leisure time to make RUNALYZE as good as possible and we still have tons of great ideas, but time is scarce and after a hard training we first need some fruits or a smoothie. You can support the development of RUNALYZE with every financial contribution — We highly appreciate every grant.
https://blog.runalyze.com/donate/
larkim
Neuling

Race distances - metric vs imperial

Mon 18. Jun 2018, 11:03

Hi

I'm a new user, so I'm sure this has been asked before.

Living in the UK I use a mix of imperial and metric measurements. I like to see my training runs in miles, my pace in miles, but weight in kg etc.

For most of the site functionality this works really well.

But for race distances this gives me problems. I run some track races (800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m) and some road races (5000m, 10000m) which are measured in metres, as well as some races which are measured in miles (e.g. 10 miles, 5 miles).

When I'm correcting / editing race results to remove GPS errors, I often find that the race distances don't match up. E.g. 3000m - if I use 1.86 miles this is shown as 2990m and if I use 1.87 miles this is shown as 3010m.

It would be useful to allow the units to be manually selected for races so that a consistent accurate number can be used.

Hope this is helpful!

Matt
0 x

Return to “Discussion, Feedback & Questions”