Forum rules
Please always provide all needed information to identify your problems. Screenshots and detailed descriptions makes it easier for us to help
pehein
Neuling

HRV from Garmin watch

Hi,

I have a quick question about the HRV values from one of the newer Garmin watches. My assumption is that those get pushed to Runalyze as part of the Health Snapshot feature. However in the list of HRV values in Runalyze there's a time field that suggests they are mostly from 3 to 4 o'clock... (I do the Health Snapshot mostly around 6am.)

Are HRV numbers indeed from the Health Snapshot and is the time displayed not correctly, or are these from a nightly reading that the watch does automatically - and the only available when the watch gets a reading of sufficient quality as that's not there for all days?

Thanks for clarifying!
Peter
mipapo
Administrator

Re: HRV from Garmin watch

I've heard about wrong timezone issues here before. Can you verify that you have the correct timezone set at Runalyze? https://runalyze.com/settings/account
(It's from the Health Snapshot feature, never from nightly sleep measures)
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
- Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)
pehein
Neuling

Thanks! I have set the right (and the same) timezones in Runalyze as well as in my Garmin profile.

I probably should have tested this earlier, but I just now did a health snapshot (13:12) which shows up with the right time in Garmin Connect but for 2 hours earlier (11:12) in Runalyze.
mipapo
Administrator

We will check this in two weeks. Garmin seems to send a different timezone than we expect

Run Happy!,
Michael
mipapo
Administrator

Added a possible fix for it. So tell us tomorrow if it was correct.

Run Happy!,
Michael
pehein
Neuling

Hi, today the time from the Health Snapshot / HRV value is right - all good now, thanks for helping!

Return to “Discussion, Feedback & Questions”