CJLSC
Neuling

Marathon Shape

Sun 17. Dec 2017, 23:15

I thing I have noticed in regards to the Marathon Shape calculation is the dramatic swing over a 24 hour period.

For example, yesterday I completed a 14 mile run and my marathon shape was 100%. Today I went to the gym and do an easy 2 mile recovery/warm-up run before doing a core and weight workout. I completed the warm up in 20:00, so I was running at an easy 10 min/mile pace. When I enter this into the software my marathon shape dropped to 45%. My overall fitness stayed the same, so did my effective VO2 Max.

What would cause this dramatic of a drop in the marathon shape? Maybe I don't really understand how it is calculating this score and it is natural for this to occur. I am going into marathon training season so I am curious about this.

Thanks for any insight into this curious behavior.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Re: Marathon Shape

Tue 19. Dec 2017, 20:32

Maybe you had an activity before 70 days (days for longjogs) which is not longer included in the marathon shape calculation.
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
- Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

CJLSC
Neuling

Wed 20. Dec 2017, 23:16

Michael,

Thanks for the insight. I did have a race back in September that was over 20 miles. Perhaps that was what dropped. I did not know it was 70 days. My understanding of the Marathon Shape method was that it calculated over 6 months. But again, I am still learning about it.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.
0 x

mipapo
Administrator

Thu 21. Dec 2017, 07:43

You can adjust all marathon shape values in your Configuration (Configuration -> General Settings -> Marathon Shape).
0 x
###Become a Runalyze supporter###
- Nutzerhilfe/User help -

Run Happy!,
Michael
P.S. Ich antworte gerne kurz und knackig ;)

Return to “Calculations / Berechnungen”